Select error and stackdumps

Hi!

I am using Cygwin to port some of our software over to Windows.  It works great
for the most part, but I am getting an error which I don't know how to solve.
Some hints would be great.

I have a program which sets up a server socket and launches several clients to
connect to it.  The first time I run the program, everything works fine.  One of
the features of my program is to rerun all the clients (i.e. a restart).

When I do this restart, I get the following error ad nauseum:

Warning: select failed; error code 9

What does this error mean?

My client program eventually creates a stackdump, which brings me to my second
question.

What can I do with a stack dump?  Its not like a core since I tried loading it
into gdb on the command line, but maybe there is another more obvious way to
look at it that I'm missing.

Thanks!
Joey

+     Joey Mukherjee                                                       +
+      joey@swri.org                 "The price of freedom is eternal      +
+                                     vigilance, or $12.50 as seen on      +
+  http://www.space.swri.edu/~joey    EBay...                              +