RE: Q concerning cygwin/perl/network

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Gerrit P. Haase [mailto:gerrit.haase@t-online.de]
> Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2001 6:47 AM
> To: sargon
> Cc: cygwin@cygwin.com
> Subject: Re: Q concerning cygwin/perl/network
>

> sargon schrieb am 2001-06-11, 18:11:
>
> > #!/usr/bin/perl
> >
> > require Net::Ping;
> >
> > $host = '127.0.0.1';

No problem here. Then Again I would be so far from a standard distro I
really couldn't tell. It's probably a distribution problem. perl-5.6.1 will
build OOTB, so there should be no problem with building your own from
source. Search the archives of this list for any other notes.

On another note:
 $ perl -V
> Summary of my perl5 (revision 5.0 version 7 subversion 17)
> configuration:

Please don't quote responses from experimental releases anywhere but on the
porters list. If you wish to run an experimental perl, then so be it. But
this has little to do with any production distribution of perl and it is
best not to compare any results.

--Neil

Please Note :
Only  the intended recipient is authorised to access or use this e-mail.  If
you are not the intended recipient,
please delete this e-mail and notify the sender immediately.   The contents
of this e-mail are the writer's
opinion and are not necessarily endorsed by the Gunz Companies unless
expressly stated.

We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses or
similar in any attachment.