Re: Inetd 1.3.2-14 problems

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 07:54:50PM -0700, Bruce Dobrin wrote:
> I removed my copy of the cygwin1.dll from the system32 directory and made
> sure the path was correct (c:/cygwin/usr/bin),  then I couldn't even get the

Never copy cygwin1.dll to the Windows directory. And set the env variable
PATH in the global environment

  Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System -> ...

so that it contains C:\cygwin\bin and then reboot. /usr/bin is just
a Cygwin mount point in a default install which is not recognized
by Windows so you cannot use it in a Windows native PATH.

The setting of the env var CYGWIN should only have minor impact
on that situation (theoretically).

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.