RE: cygwin-mount

>I hope my post will not be considered off topic. cygwin-mount.el is the
>emacs package that lets emacs find file with cygwin names. The last
>version of cygwin-mount is really great (even gud knows about cygwin
>mounts) but I get one error on one of our stations when I run
>cygwin-mount-activate.

>The error comes from the line
>... (search-forward-regexp (concat regexp-prefix "user"))

>It can be corrected by adding args to search-forward (third arg set to
>t) but I am not sure if it is the correct way.

You are right, and i have already fixed this in version 1.4.1 which is not yet
released.
In the meanwhile you can fix the code itself, if you change the lines

     (if (or (search-forward-regexp (concat regexp-prefix "user"))
             (search-forward-regexp (concat regexp-prefix "system")))

     (if (or (search-forward-regexp (concat regexp-prefix "user") nil t)
             (search-forward-regexp (concat regexp-prefix "system") nil t))

Klaus.