Re: cygwin 1.3.2 bug on non-us keyboard layouts

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 09:56:41AM -0700, Jason Tiller wrote:
> You are not the first to have come across this!  I implemented (with
> much help from Corinna) a patch that was first applied in 1.3.1 to
> modify the behavior of AltGr (Alt key right of the spacebar on 102-key
> keyboards (US, at least)).  I wanted AltGr to act as META, since I was
> using emacs editing keys in bash and really liked using either Alt key
> as META.  Since US users have no use for AltGr, really, we worked the
> code to treat AltGr as META only if the console keyboard's primary
> language identifier was English (LANG_ENGLISH).

Actually, some non-US keyboards also do not use AltGr.  I use a
nonstandard "Lithuanian (Programmers)" layout which uses dead keys, and
I'm quite used to have both Alt keys work as META.

The best solution would be to see how the selected keyboard layout
defines the right Alt key.  I don't know if that's possible.  I'll try
to look into this on MSDN.

Regards,
Marius Gedminas
--
Inform all the troops that communications have completely broken down.