Re: Create file on remote node, immediate test-r fails intermittently

On 15-JUN-2001, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 10:32:06AM -0700, Eric M. Monsler wrote:
>
> > Richard, et al,
> >
> > I ran the test script, and saw the ERROR message on test35, 45, 46, and
> > 50.dat.  Subsequent runs also had errors, sometimes many more.
>
> Ok. "me toos" are not really helpful.
>
> As usual, someone for whom this is failing, has to debug the problem.

It seems that those of us who download and install Cygwin as end-users get
the problem whereas those of you running what is, presumably, development
snapshot code in some sort of development environment, do not. A couple
more "me toos" might reinforce or disprove this ;)

As far as the client for whom I am working is concerned, we can work around
this issue and there are many others that we have to resolve before this
one comes to the top of the pile. Beyond leaving the test case where it is
for the time being (http://www.r-senior.demon.co.uk/test.sh), I am afraid
there is not much more help I can offer. Sorry.

Thanks and regards,

Richard Senior