Re: Latest vim not working with latest mutt

Olaf,

My any chance are you using rxvt instead of a "stock" console window?

I have noticed that if I close an rxvt window (one that's running BASH) by
using ALT-F4 or by clicking the close box, the bash.exe process does not
exit. The next time I log off or shut down, I get the dialog from the
system complaining that bash.exe won't quit.

By the way, I still see the momentary flash of a Windows console window
when rxvt starts up.

In contrast, using a Windows console-hosted BASH shell, ALT-F4 is
inneffective while clicking the window's close box _does_ lead to bash.exe
exiting. However, unless I shut the shell down via the "exit" or "logout"
built-ins, the history from that session does not get written, so I imagine
that clicking the close box (in the console window-hosted BASH) leads to an
abortive termination, not a "graceful" shutdown.

Windows 2000, SP2, all the latest Cygwin software. Rxvt 2.7.2-6.

% uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-5.0 CLEMENS 1.3.2(0.39/3/2) 2001-05-20 23:28 i686 unknown

% set |egrep BASH_VER
BASH_VERSINFO=([0]="2" [1]="05" [2]="0" [3]="6" [4]="release"
[5]="i686-pc-cygwin")
BASH_VERSION=$'2.05.0(6)-release'

I'll forgo the cygcheck output, unless someone wants it.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA