Re: Cygwin + Debian

Which piece of debian are you thinking would be cool to port?

Since debian is just a particular flavour of Linux, and a particular
way/methodology of packaging/distributing that same
OS and it's utilities, "porting debian" doesn't really make sense.

However, do you want to use the debian package manager,
dpkg/apt-get/dselect?  There might be some resistance to that
as Cygwin is owned/sponsered/supported by Redhat, which
is probably attached to the RPM philosophy (They did create
it after all).

Otherwise, are there particular utilities that you want to
port?