From: Glen Coakley [mailto:gcoakley@mqsoftware.com]
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2001 3:44 PM
To: 'cygwin-patches@cygwin.com'
Subject: FW: Bash Prompt Here?

I have updated my version of this to incorporate Ross Smith's .inf idea,
thus allowing it to be used on Windows <whatever>. There is also an install
script that will locate your cygwin root directory. It does require changes
your .bashrc but it wraps them in an 'if cygwin' check so that they will
only be
invoked if you are running under cygwin. (I share my .bashrc with my Unix
box.)

The changes are also designed to insulate you from cygwin upgrades by not
modifying any of the distributed files nor making any assumptions about them

except for the existence of certain tools (regtool, cygpath, cut, cat, grep,
sed
and, of course bash).

This latest version also changes the window title to something reasonable
and adds a batch file (cw.bat - Cygwin Window) to start a new bash prompt in
the current directory.

http://www.users.qwest.net/~weissj/Cygwin/BashPromptHere.tar.gz