Re: Sergy Okhapkin's scp1 and ssh take 3 minutes to initialize

Have you tried running ssh with the -v option to watch what's going
on?  What step is it on when it hangs for a long time?

Searching on Google for "ssh long delay on login" gives some hints
that problems with reverse DNS lookups could cause such delays.  Try
doing "nslookup <your Cygwin machine's IP address here>" from the host
you're trying to connect to -- if that hangs, it suggests that you've
got reverse-DNS problems.

--
Fred Yankowski           fred@OntoSys.com      tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant     www.OntoSys.com       fax: +1.630.879.1370