Re: pthreads works, sorta

Steve Jorgensen wrote:

> OK, I'm over my head to even try to participate in this, but it seems to me
> that if you want to check for the condition where you can neither read nor
> write

I think that the check is for the condition that "one can both read and
write", before proceeding.  The IsBad logic forces a somewhat reversed
logical structure, i.e. "if not both read and write, fail", which is
coder-optimised to "if not write, fail", since if we can't read we also
can't write.

Read-only is failure, as is a NULL, or any other bad pointer.

Assuming I've understood the previous discussions correctly...

Eric Monsler