RE: "shouted down", "shot down", apologies

The FAQ mentions that

"Normally, this will also attempt to build the documentation, which
additionally requires db2html, texi2html and possibly others. These tools
are not included in
the Cygwin distribution, but are readily obtainable"

Is this still true?  texi2html is provided via setup.exe, but db2html is
not.  Can it really be that each contributor has downloaded the source for
docbook-tools and built it before building the cygwin source?

Back to my original question (building entire cygwin suite from source):

As Brian Keener implied in his email, I don't really want to spend a huge
amount of time just getting setup to successfully build the source, before I
can even start to contribute.  I routinely build perl and quite a few GNU
packages on AIX, SunOS, HP/UX and linux, but all of them build relatively
cleanly out-of-the-box with only minor tweaking.  Since cygwin can be used
to build cygwin, what I'm hoping for is that the source for cygwin available
from setup.exe will also build cleanly out-of-the-box.  It's certainly
should be possible.  I won't fault anyone if it's not currently in that
state, since it may take a reasonable amount of work to get it there.  But
if it's not there yet, then that would be a nice goal which would certainly
lower the barrier for new contributors.  If it's already in that state, then
it should be a relatively painless process to get setup to build a test
version of cygwin:
   1) Download all source for all cygwin packages using setup.exe
   2) Install all source
   3) Run some master script to loop through all the source packages and
build them binary-image packages
   4) Install the binary-image packages into a test directory
   5) Exit all cygwin processes
   6) Run a version of cygwin.bat which points to the test directory to test
it out.

-- John Wiersba