Re: "shouted down", "shot down", apologies

John Wiersba wrote:

> The FAQ mentions that
>
> "Normally, this will also attempt to build the documentation, which
> additionally requires db2html, texi2html and possibly others. These tools
> are not included in
> the Cygwin distribution, but are readily obtainable"
>
> Is this still true?  texi2html is provided via setup.exe, but db2html is
> not.  Can it really be that each contributor has downloaded the source for
> docbook-tools and built it before building the cygwin source?

As I tell my programmers, `I know one way how you can find out' ;-)

> Back to my original question (building entire cygwin suite from source):

Umm, what we're talking here is not building the packages that are provided
with Cygwin, but rather the support programs that enable Cygwin to do its thing.
For example, cygwin1.dll

To compile/build the other stuff, you'll need to download the package sources and
follow the build instructions for each package.

Greg