Re: Deadly embrace between pthread_cond_wait and pthread_cond_signal

Well, I'm certainly not in a position to disagree (yet:-), but
our app has run just fine with Pthreads-win32 since last
Dec or Nov or so.  In fact, with our `Pthreads-win32 kluge' in
place, it runs just fine on Cygwin with today's patches!!
(See http://www.bsp-gmbh.com/hercules/herc_w32.html).

Any bets on I can't find the problem ;-)

I didn't ask to find Cygwin, I got there by serendipity.

We were quite happy running our app on linux and then some
enterprising souls figured out how to run it on Windows using
Cygwin and the Pthreads-win32 package.  As I told Rob last night
(which was today for him, but now he's in tomorrow;-), this
effectively doubled the participation for our app... (IOW you
have a great thing going on here), but this has added a whole
new dimension in that we have to get Cygwin to work with our app
(we can't stand whiny users ;-)

Since I have to run Windoze at work tho, I am thankful for being
turned on to Cygwin, and can't live w/o it.

Greg