Re: "shouted down", "shot down", apologies

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 17:51
Subject: Re: "shouted down", "shot down", apologies

> On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 08:32:52PM -0400, Brian Keener wrote:
> >Just some step by step instructions - sometimes it's better to be over
> >detailed than to leave information out.  I can always skip what I
> >already know - but if it's not there I have to ask someone.
>
> Yes.  That's why I'm probably not the best person to be writing the
> instructions.

That's one of the areas I'd like to contribute in, once my company's
disclaimer shakes loose.  It will be quite a while before I'm comfortable
with gdb or the other troubleshooting tools.

> One thing that happens is that occasionally the "powers that be" decide
> to make a change in the top-level configure and make process and this
> screws up cygwin.  I usually live only in the winsup directory and do
> all of my builds there.  It is safer.

On the other hand, until some poor schmuck does build from the top level,
the problem goes undetected.  I've been building from the base directory
partly because I figure if _I_ can't compile it won't be a disaster for
anyone and it might give earlier warning of a problem.

> Ok.  Point taken.  If I go silent for a while I hope that people
understand
> that I'm not being rude.  :-)

That would be a bit curt.  Even for you.  :}b