RE: "shouted down", "shot down", apologies

Documentation is an area I'd like to contribute in.  I've seen people on
the list (especially Earnie) get up in arms when someone suggests a
non-RedHat site (except for Delorie) with documentation.

I've corresponded with several people that find some of the
documentation difficult to follow for a newbie.  As Vince writes in
another email (http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2001-06/msg01773.html), not
everyone that uses Cygwin knows Unix or knows C++.  Sometimes they have
a need for a specific tool.  I have a friend that mainly uses bash and
textutils from Cygwin so that the logs of some scripts are accessible to
other Windows users without having to install Samba on his *nix machines
or having some fancy file transfer scripts.  I know many people (who hit
my web site) are just interested in using a free SSH server with
Windows.  I don't think having this need should require an understanding
of the code involved.  Especially since you don't have to know C++ in
order to get sshd running.

So, my contribution (and I state so at the bottom on my pages) is my
whole section of http://mike.erdelynet.com/cygwin.asp.  It's mainly
documentation to help a non-*nix person get Cygwin installed, configured
and getting sshd running.  I'd be more than happy to contribute to more
documentation or have my documentation taken by someone who can "polish"
it.

Anyway, let me know... ;-)

-ME