From: "Schaible, Jorg" <Joerg.Schaible@gft.com>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2001 01:13
Subject: RE: Can regtool be used to rename a key?

> How do I now access a key with a slash ?
> See: HKCR\AutoProxyTypes\Application/x-internet-signup

If you look at the help screen, that should (or may) be written
\HKCR\AutoProxyTypes\Application/x-internet-signup.  If the first character
is '/', regtool.exe translates all '/'s it finds into '\'s.  The leading '\'
or '/' is not required.  I was thinking maybe it ought to be required, but
that would probablly break a lot of peoples' code if such a requirement
started being enforced.

> Also all the mime types have slashes in the key ... this might be the
reason
> that regtool does not understand the normal slash as separator, since it
is
> a valid (and used) character for registry keys.

If you lead with '/' all slashes get converted to '\' which _would_ make
handling MIME types or mount points a bit difficult.  For those keys you'll
have to stick with '\'s.  <G>

--
Mac :})