RE: "shouted down", "shot down", apologies

I couldn't be left out.  It's amazing that I've had the great and timely
help I have had from this mailing list in the mere 3 days I've been here,
and I've asked some pretty dumb questions and given some pretty dumb
reponses to perfectlyt good help.

A good community makes a good product, and Cygwin would be good even
without it.  The combination is unbeatable.  Try getting this kind of
hand-holding on the Debian newsgroup.