Re: Chinese Language in Cygwin

Sam,

There are two major coding methods. The Linux Chinese-HOWTO
described at
<http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Chinese-HOWTO.html>
applies one coding method.

The other major coding method is the one used by TURBO LINUX at
<http://www.turbolinux.com/>.

If I recall correctly, one is Unicode based and the other is not. I'll
let you sort them out since I don't have time to do it. The same goes
for the porting of Chinese language support.

This is a big project so that it will help a great deal if you can
recruit people to join the project.

Happy porting!

EW