inetd: how does one change the priority?

Team,

     I am having a problem with poor performance with an imapd
daemon that I am running under Cygwin inetd.  The symptoms are as follows:
(1)  I can connect to the imapd server from any external box (other
     than the server) and everything works fine.
(2)  If I run Netscape on the server, I connect fine and all the commands
     work, but the performance is horrible (up to 30 seconds to
     open a mailbox, with CPU usage at 100% during the wait).
(3)  If I use task manager to decrease the priority of the Netscape
     process or increase the priority of the imapd processes, performance
     is good again.
(4)  This problem only occurs on Windows 2000.  Windows NT works fine.

     I am surmising that Netscape is consuming all of the CPU while it
is waiting for a response from the starved imapd daemon.

     I am running inetd as a service.  Is there a way to increase the priority
of the Cygwin inetd.exe process (and all of its children)?  I will accept any clues.

Many thanks,
Jim Grishaw.