1.3.2: bash: Swedish characters not displayed (beeps instead)

When using Cygwin with a Swedish keyboard I can not get Swedish characters
to display. I get a beep instead.
I searched the cygwin mailing list to see if there were any workarounds but
all messages except for one were for
earlier versions of Cygwin.

The other message is bug report on the same issue (unanswered).

I assume this is a problem for most users with non-US keyboards - is this
true?

Is there any planned fix or any workaround? I'd sure hate to have to go back
to b15 at this point.

Thanks,
David

-------
Telelogic Tau 4.2 speeds up your wireless development!
Read more about it at http://www.telelogic.com/tau42
--------
David Prather
Software Engineer
Telelogic AB
P O Box 4128
SE-203 12 Malmö
Sweden

<mailto:david.prather@telelogic.com>
phone: +46 40 17 67 56
fax: +46 40 17 47 47
<http://www.telelogic.com>

--------
Putting you ahead in advanced software development