Correct way to do full download to system with existing install

I checked the FAQ first.

Sometimes, I may need to do a full download, burn to CD, then install on
another system.  If I use Setup, and download only, it seems to be missing
anything that doesn't need to be updated on the system I run setup from.

If I just download everything from an FTP mirror including setup.ini, will
I be able to install from local drive using that download?  What about
using that to update an existing install?

Perhaps, to make this obvious/easy, there should be a sub-option under
download to ignore the state of any current installation.