Can't run Mingw gcc from Cygwin

On Thursday 5 Jul 01, Moore, Paul writes:
> I'm trying to run the Mingw gcc compiler from within Cygwin. My reason is to
> use Cygwin/bash to run configure, but to build the packages using Mingw, so
> that they have no Cygwin dependency at runtime - yes, I know about
> -mno-cygwin, and that is an option, I guess, but I'd prefer to use the Mingw
> compiler if possible - not least as it builds executables which use MSVCRT
> rather than CRTDLL.
>
> However, if I add my Mingw binaries directory to the front of PATH, via
>     export PATH=//c/Applications/Mingw/bin:$PATH

FYI --

I know you used the /cygdrive/c/.../... form in a subsequent message,
and is not related to your problem, but just for the record, you
should not use the //c/.../... form any more.  This is deprecated
because of the confusion with share names, and will not work in the
next release of Cygwin.

Regards,
David
(Cygwin FAQ maintainer)