perl exec question

My apology:  Sorry for the errant "Send" before.

My question:  I would like to exec a perl script that will eventually exec bash
(or whataver shell the user uses) without losing any settings yrom the original
shell (eg env var and function defs).  How can I do this?

If this is too off-topic, can someone point me to the appropriate mailing list,
please (I've found many perl lists, but not the right one)?

Thanks,
Noel

do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., its
subsidiaries and affiliates.