Re: get and receive mail

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 04:52:13PM +0800, Sam C. wrote:
> I don't have in-depth knowledge about mail
> transportation.
>
> I searched the mailing list, and found out that it was
> mentioned :
>
>      mutt+ssmtp : to send mail
>      fetchmail + procmail : to receive mail
>
> Is the above a correct (or good ) way ?

I don't know of a working procmail for Cygwin and I don't know
if it is of much help. AFAIK, you'll need an MTA which supports
the forwarding mechanism which calls procmail and ssmtp isn't
able to do that.

However, mutt also supports direct POP3 and IMAP access so you
don't neccessarily need fetchmail/procmail.

> How to configure mutt to use ssmtp ?

Start mutt and press the F1 key. You'll get an extensive help.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.