Re: Problems using cygwin on Windows 2000

>entire cygwin directory is the same on both machines. I tried to reinstall
>cygwin under Win2000, but I get the message that there is nothing to
>change. Can someone please give me a hint of where to go next?

Try this:

* Move your c:\cygwin directory to a safe place
* Install Cygwin in c:\cygwin (the default directory)
* Copy the contents of your backed-up cygwin over the contents of the new one

-- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards
Embedded Engineer, Digi-Frame Inc.
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Tel (914) 937-4090 9am-6:30pm M-F ET
Personal: http://www.larwe.com/ http://www.zws.com/

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even
though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who
neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight
that knows not victory nor defeat."
(Theodore Roosevelt)