Re: gdb causing .dll lockup?

"Eric M. Monsler" wrote:

> It just occured to me that it might be an anti-virus interaction, as I
> had a hard lockup when forgetting to disable McAfee before installing
> with Setup.  I'll try disabling it, but now that I've written, I want to
> get this onto the list before I reboot.

OK, with McAfee disabled, I don't get a hard lockup.  I still can't
"Stop" a running program properly, but if I select "Disconnect and stop
debugging" I do get gdb control back, and can exit and restart it.

If I disconnect and then do another "Run", both the old DOS window of
output and the new are visible, the old being unkillable from Task
Manager or with Cntl-C.  The third "Run" caused gdb.exe to crash and
exit.

The problem is now a lot more managable; I was having to reset the box
without shutting down, which made me somewhat uneasy.  I still wonder if
I'm the only one who can't "Stop" a running program from gdb?

I've attached the output of "cygcheck -s -v".

Eric Monsler