Re: initdb failure - postgres hangs with 100% CPU

Steve,

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 01:56:00PM -0700, Steve Jorgensen wrote:
> [...]

Yes, but Cygwin is really just a Win32 DLL so it can't have its own
unique shared library type.

> I presume this library is called pq.dll on Cygwin to avoid name conflicts
> with libpq.dll if both exist on a single system?

That would be my guess too.  This is an example of why Chuck Wilson
proposed prefixing Cygwin DLLs with "cyg" to prevent this kind of conflict.

> [Steve Jorgensen]  I'm figuring (not that I know what I'm talking about)
> that if I want to use autoconf/automake, I should try to use gcc.  I don't
> know much about these tools yet, but I imagine teaching them to handle
> Windows paths would be a big hassle and not worth the trouble since gcc
> -mno-cygwin is an available option.

For reason like the above, I prefer to use Cygwin gcc -mno-cygwin over
Mingw.

Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: 732.264.8770 x235