From: Floyd Harriott
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 11:27 AM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Q: nothing to install/update when using setup from local
directory

I've tried to search the archive but I can't find anything about my
problem.  My apologies if this has been answered before.

Tale:
I've downloaded all the packages that are available in the 'latest'
directory to my computer. I've moved each *.tar.gz file to a
"tempInstall" directory on my local hardrive. I've copied the setup.exe
file to this "tempInstall" directory. When I run the setup application
choose the following options.
1) install from local directory
2) local package directory =G:\download\latest\tempInstall\
3) Select install root directory= F:/cygwin
4) Default text format= DOS
5) Install for =All
6) Select Packages to Install "Nothing to Install/Update"

Question:
Why are there no packages to install in this final list?  How can I fix
this?