Re: problems setting up openssh 2.9p2-2 with keyfiles

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 12:46:45PM +0200, Hans Sturm wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed cygwin 1.3.2 and OpenSSH 2.9p2-2 using ntsec and a good
> passwd/group.
> the sshd is installed as service under system account with cygrunsrv.
> i want to log in with keyfiles only (which is configured in sshd_config)
> and the right authorized_keys and authorized_keys2 are in place with the
> right owner and readable for system.
> when i try to login i get asked for the passphrase for my keys but after
> that sshd closes the connection.
> in the eventlog i find a entry from sshd stating:
> ":sshd : Win32 Process Id = 0xAF : Cygwin Process Id = 0xAF : fatal: setuid
> 500: Not owner."

Did you set the env var CYGWIN to contain `ntsec' in the system env
or when installing sshd as service e.g.

	cygrunsrv -I sshd ... -e "CYGWIN=... ntsec ..."

?

If that doesn't help, could you try the latest developer snapshot
of Cygwin?

> I chowned system:system sshd.exe but same problem again.

That's irrelevant. The ownership of the ssh files in /etc is
the problem typically but that seems not to be related here.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.