Re: installing from backup of cygwin directory

Nathan Fouarge wrote:
> What I am trying to do is take the whole cygwin directory and install from
> it.  What I need to know is what the setup.exe puts in the registry and if
> there are any other things that the setup.exe touchs that makes the cywin
> enviroment, besides of course the .bat file

Oh this has been asked and answered so many times, but why would you want to do
this? I mean install from the Cygwin Directory.  Simply use setup and let it
download from the internet all the packages.  Then maintaining the directory
structure of the directories where setup placed the downloaded files - move
them wherever you would like.  Make sure that setup.exe and setup.ini reside in
the directory where the contrib and latest directories are located.