RE: CYGWIN1.DLL

<snip>
> The problem you do NOT solve by this is that if the
> user tries to run your app and some other Cygwin app
> at the same time there can be problems in RAM, at
> runtime.  Order might matter, and other oddities.

Order won't matter. The presence of the dll in the same directory as the
program will cause it to be loaded first by windows. And the shared
memory area will most likely be different - thus causing a failure.

> # The only satisfying solution I've found personally is
> # delivering a reduced (ought to be minimal but is not)
> # cygwin install with my program (on the same CDROM).

Thats actually a good solution. Using setup.exe and only offering the
cygwin1.dll package (and sources) will mean that if the user has cygwin
already, setup won't install the old version, and if they install a
newer version of cygwin later, setup.exe will find the prior cygwin1.dll
because the mount table will be in the registry.

Rob