Re: RPM installer (was Re: SETUP WIZARD FOR CYGWIN?XFREE86)

    Chuck> Sounds cool, Dario.  How have your db and rpm ports been
    Chuck> generated?

Yes, the ports are done.  Basically, I took the Project HeavyMoon[1]
patches for db-2/rpm-3 and reworked them slightly.  The only thing I
found so far is that find-requires needs to call cygcheck (instead of
ldd), but other than that, it seems to work fine.  Post-install and
pre-uninstall scripts work fine.

I had thought about submitting my db-2/rpm-3 ports as contributed
packages, but I didn't know how much interest there would be, given
that both are old versions.

    Chuck> Is db built as a dll, or as a static lib ?

Currently db is linked statically, but I suppose that a DLL should
work.

    Chuck> BTW, for your purposes perhaps you could pack up your
    Chuck> bootstrap environment into a self-extracting zip file ?

Yes, I think that would work fine.  I was thinking about looking for
an open-source/GPL solution, but I've not started looking yet.  If you
can point me to something, I'd definitely would look at it.

[1] - see http://www10.u-page.so-net.ne.jp/fa2/riue-s/index.html

--
Dario Alcocer -- Sr. Software Developer, Helix Digital Inc.
alcocer@helixdigital.com -- http://www.helixdigital.com