Re: New version of cygwin-mount.el

I just downloaded cygwin/xfree86 and find a directory name conflict between
ntemacs shell mode and bash.  When I do a cd from the shell, for example
  cd /tmp
then bash reports that I am in /tmp and C-x d places me in c:/tmp

If I tell bash  cd /cygdrive/c/tmp, then C-x d doesn't recognize that and
leaves the default-directory set to its previous value.

Is there a way to keep those two notions of directory names in synch with
each other.  I looked at the cygwin-mount.el that klaus.berndl@sdm.de posted
to ntemacs-users on 18 May 2001.  It works with similar name conflicts, but
does not seem to work with the directory tracking of shell-dirtrack-mode.

thank you
Rich