Re: cygrunsrv automatic startup fails with rinetd

Hi All...

This sounds like a variation on the problem I have with cygrunsrv.

I am using cygrunsrv to start sshd. My problem is that on one win2k box (not
all of them) cygrunsrv starts all the time at work, but at home (it is my
laptop) it is a 50% chance of starting or timing out.

The timeout is 30 seconds. This is much longer than it should ever take. So
I believe a longer timeout will not help.

I tracked it down to the very first call to cygrunsrv not happening when the
problem occurs. I didn't go past that. I added file writes (and flushes) at
various places in cygrunsrv to see where it got. I avoided the system log so
I didn't alter its behavior.

If your system is doing it all the time, it should be easier to find.

Thanks,

...Karl