RE: Virus report in cygwin

Try another anti-virus program. McAfee is
famous for its false positives
on .tar.gz files. Don't worry, 99 to 1 odds
(or better) that there is no virus in the
file. Maybe this should be a faq? Maybe it
is in the faq already?

Or... what if the link to "email cygwin@cygwin.com"
had a little line next to it that said "please
don't send virus reports, they are probably false
positives, check the faq."

Or maybe the link could be
mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com subject="I have read the faq and am not sending a
virus report"

I think the reason that there wouldn't be a windows virus is because
IIRC the file was compiled on linux...

Maybe that should be in the faq "many
of the packages are compiled on linux, and therefore
it is highly unlikely that they have a windows virus"-
I remember cgf saying that package xxx was compiled on linux,
but I don't know if all of them are.

-Peter