Re: Can't kill other users processes

/ egor duda <deo@logos-m.ru> wrote:
| [...]
| Hhd> Even if I am loged on as root (administrator) I can't kill other
| Hhd> users processes.
| Hhd> Kill always complains: Not owner!
|
| this is by design. if some user was able to kill other user's
| processes it would be serious breach in security. Unices don't allow
| this too.

Yes they do, as long as you do it as root.

Meanwhile, hmm can you kill the process from the TaskManager as
Administrator?? I know there are problems killing some
processes/services as administrator..

Or is it simply the 'su' problem between Cygwin and NT? You can't get
101% Administrator rights from Cygwin.

        /Andy