tar 'mini'-bug

For a long time tar has been behaving strangely, and I'm just reporting it
since I can't seem to find anybody else that has.  If I 'tar -xjf' a
snapshot overtop of the current cygwin installation on Why2K, I get this,
what I assume is the expected result since cygwin1.dll is being used by tar
and bash:

$ tar -xjf cygwin-inst-20010807.tar.bz2
tar: usr/bin/cygwin1.dll: Cannot open: File exists

Now when I do the exact same thing on the universally-hated Windows 'ME',
tar simply hangs and must be killed by a CTRL-C.  '--exclude=cygwin1.dll' of
course makes it work fine.

Just wanted to make this a known issue.  Perhaps someday after I've purged
all memory of the "\n / \r\n / \r / CTRL-Z / no CTRL-Z" fiasco from the
collective memory I'll take a look inside and see what's causing this
difference.

Gary R. Van Sickle
Braemar Inc.
11481 Rupp Dr.