RE: Trouble starting kde

> On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 01:35:17PM -0700, LeCompte, Steven J wrote:
> >Hi,
> >I am a Unix System Administrator and I recently installed
> Cygwin on my
> >Win 2K box.  It's a Pentium III 650 laptop with 128 MB of RAM.  My
> >problem is that I am unable to start kde.  When I try to run
> >"startkde", the ipc-daemon starts and then after about a 20
> second wait
> >in which my CPU is pounded, I get the following:
> >
> >kpanel: waiting for windowmanager
> >kwm: it looks like there's already a window manager running.
>  kwm not
> >started
> >
> >I log into my Unix boxes via Exceed so I use that as my X transport
> >method.  For example, with my display properly set, I can bring up
> >other X-based apps from a cygwin bash shell.
> >
> >Anyway, do you have any ideas as to how I can fix the kde problem?
>
> The first step would be to use the correct mailing list --
> cygwin-xfree is set up for this type of question.  I've cc'ed
> this mailing list and redirected future replies there.
>
> The second step might be to contact the KDE author directly
> about this.

Well NO!!!  This is not a Cygwin/Xfree issue.  It is Hummingbird Exceed
issue.  Therefore contact Hummingbird at http://www.hummingbird.com.
Exceed starts with a built-in Windows-manager, therefore I do not think you
can use kwm.  Regardless contact Hummingbird.  It is neither Cygwin nor
Cygwin/Xfree issue.

Suhaib