Re: xinetd...

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 07:50:14PM -0700, Tom Dorgan wrote:
> ok, so I got the sources for xinetd-2.3.0 from www.xinetd.org. ran into
> some issues on the build (very standard -./configure, make, make
> install). however, uint64_t, is undefined. I trace this to stdint.h and
> a short thread from last year which indicates that it is not available.
>
> however, on cygwin, the file /usr/include/mingw/stdint.h does exist. my
> question is, do I use this or what? If I do, Im not sure where to add
> an extra include path for the cygwin platform. I certainly dont want to
> hack up the xinetd release package so Im asking for advice here.

But that's the whole thing when porting. You hack the release stuff so
that it contains OS specific changes for the new OS (here Cygwin) in
the least intrusive way possible. When finished, you contact the
maintainer of the package if s/he's willing to add the new OS specific
changes to the main trunk like it's mostly already done for Linux, BSD,
Solaris,... before.

Adding an include path is probably best to add to configure.in.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.