Re: Automake 1.4l released

> Oh yeah -- and it cygwin's cp complains when it isn't possible to
> preserve attributes.  linux's cp doesn't.  Or at least that's the way it
> appears.

Just for the record - it DOES complain when appropriate (e.g. when copying
a file from e2fs to vfat/fat (and maybe ntfs too, but I have no ntfs mounts
in my Linux system).

> > It actually doesn't work very well on non-NTFS filesystems.  That's
> > known.  We use what Microsoft provides us and we don't have much
> > to work with on anything besides NTFS.

That's odd though - regular DOS calls (both the standard and LFN APIs)
that set a files timestamp work just fine on read-only files (looking
in the source for utime on DJGPP, there is no code to chmod +w/-w).
Strange that the Windows APIs work differently.