[law@redhat.com: Move to co-location facility]

----- Forwarded message from law@redhat.com -----

From: law@redhat.com
To: overseers@sources.redhat.com
Cc: tobin@redhat.com
Subject: Move to co-location facility
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 18:28:42 -0600

I'm pleased to announce that we'll be moving the machine which provides
services for sources.redhat.com and gcc.gnu.org to a co-location facility
this Saturday night.  This move should greatly improve the amount of
bandwidth available to the machine.

The move is planned for late Saturday night (roughly midnight PST), total
downtime is expected to be around an hour.

We're trying to set things up so that the DNS updates will happen at the
right times and that the old IP address will work for a little while to deal
with any out of date DNS servers.

If everything goes as planned, the downtime should be around an hour late
Saturday night (midnight PST).  If things go wrong (and they always do), well,
the downtime will be longer.

Please notify your projects asap.  I'm sorry about the short notice to
overseers, but there were some issues that just now sorted themselves out.

Fun fun.

jeff