RE: Cygwin 1.3.2-1 Problems with CR/LF in Perl

So binmode(F1); or binmode(F2); didn't fix the behavior,
even on textmode mount?

Just curious.  I know it's not a real fix, but is a
potential work-around.  I suppose I could go try it
for myself.

The reason I mention it is that perldoc perlfunc says:

"""
binmode FILEHANDLE
   Arranges for the file to be read or written in
``binary'' mode in operating systems that distinguish
between binary and text files. Files that are not in
binary mode have CR LF sequences translated to LF on
input and LF translated to CR LF on output. Binmode
has no effect under many sytems, but in MS-DOS and
similarly archaic systems, it may be imperative--otherwise
your MS-DOS-damaged C library may mangle your file. The
key distinction between systems that need binmode()
and those that don't is their text file formats.
Systems like Unix, MacOS, and Plan9 that delimit lines
with a single character, and that encode that character
in C as "\n", do not need binmode(). The rest may need
it. If FILEHANDLE is an expression, the value is taken
as the name of the filehandle.

If the system does care about it, using it when you
shouldn't is just as perilous as failing to use it
when you should. Fortunately for most of us,
you can't go wrong using binmode() on systems
that don't care about it, though.
"""

Troy