Re: Colors mess up terminal

On 23 Aug 2001, Andrew Markebo wrote:

> Sounds like the termcap info for cygwin terminal isn't really uptodate
> on your linux-machine. (Assuming that you are running ssh from the
> cygwin bash)

That's right, I'm running ssh from cygwin bash.

> How is it, is it the environment variable TERMCAP that can contain the
> terminfo? Get the string from /etc/termcap of your cygwin
> installation, and set it on the linux-machine..

/etc/termcap on cygwin says

cygwin:\
        :xn@:op=\E[39;49m:Km=\E[M:tc=linux:

And /etc/termcap on the linux box doesn't have a reference to cygwin.
I tried copting this to the linux box, but it didn't fix the problem.

> Hmm what happens if you set the variable TERM to linux in the linux
> shell before firing up pine?

I tried setting TERM to linux, and linux-m for monochrome, but that
doesn't solve the problem either.

		Marc