Re: WinXP incompatibility?? wrong tests....

- - wrote:

> I use Windows XP RC2 Build 2526 and I just installed cygwin (latest
> packages) and it works fine... I dont understand you say that it doesn't
> work under WinXP... more info??

Some people have reported problems.  Other people have reported success.
  Since none of those people have shown any interest in debugging the
problems on that platform, and none of the core developers have that
(as-yet-unreleased) platform, XP is officially unsupported.

That may change once you can actually purchase XP off the shelf (OEM
pre-installs don't count; I don't plan to buy a new machine just to get
XP so I can support other cygwin-XP users who won't debug it
themselves...anybody else have plans to do so?  No?  Didn't think so).

Therefore, official support will have to wait until the core developers
can go out and buy XP in a cardboard box from Fry's.

--Chuck