Re: Windows 2000: "WARNING: terminal is not fully functional" and pro blems with vi

Where did you include the cygcheck output?  (If it's an attachment, it didn't make
it through...)

A couple of things to check.  What is the value of $TERM?  You can check this either
doing an 'echo $TERM', or doing an 'infocmp'.
What are the first couple of lines of output from the 'infocmp' command?
(Mine looks like this:
#       Reconstructed via infocmp from file: /usr/share/terminfo/c/cygwin
cygwin|ansi emulation for Cygwin,

It sounds like you either have a funky terminal type set, or your aren't finding
your terminfo database.  'infocmp' will help you determine that....