Re: InternetGetConnectedState

On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 09:22:27PM +1000, Ian A. Mason wrote:

>>When pieces are missing from header files it is because no one has
>>added the missing pieces.
>
>So I take it that that means there is no inherent problem with these
>functions, after all guess they are straight calls to the underlying
>operating system. Its just that I saw a similar query in the mailing
>list in 1999, and a related posted fix (I can get the precise
>references if required), but nothing seems to have permanently added
>to the release since then, at least in the sense that the problem
>remains.

A mailing list search does not unearth the term InternetGetConnectedState
via either google.com or in the cygwin mailing lists, so I guess an
actual reference is necessary.

>Excuse my ignorant questioning, but I've only just recently been
>dragged into having to use windows.

I'm not sure what Windows has to do with this.  This is an open source
project pretty much like any other.  If you find things missing, you
can roll up your sleeves and contribute the missing bits.

If a patch fell through the cracks, then that's pretty standard too.

cgf