From: cygwin-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:cygwin-owner@sources.redhat.com]On Behalf Of Robert Collins
Sent: September 4, 2001 14:45
To: Ronald Landheer
Cc: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Slight problem with setup.exe utility

On Tue, 2001-09-04 at 22:25, Ronald Landheer wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've installed Cygwin quite a while ago, but as I had a severe computer
> crash yesterday, I had to re-install both Windows and cygwin from
> scratch. I had some old downloads lying around, in which the cygwin
> tarball was called cygwin-1.3.2-1.tar.gz while it is now called cygwin-
> 1.3.2-1.tar.bz2. I don't know what the reason of the filename change is
> - as there is no version change here, but it confuses the setup utility:
> it does not say that my cygwin is old, but it refuses to unpack because
> the .bz2 file doesn't exist.

Huh? Did you use the old setup.exe with the old .ini and old tarballs,
or did you use a newer tarball and and old .ini with the old setup.exe?
Setup will warn if incompatible options have been introduced, and
tar.bz2 handling is built into the current setup.exe available on the
website.

Sounds like you would have been better off downloading the current
setup.exe and running it from your old download directory. That would
likely have behaved better.

Rob