Re: VIRUS ALERT - a trojan horse was spread through this list

Hello Roland, all,

Did you check the attachment?

         NOTE:  An executable program which was attached to your email
         has been automatically removed.
         (snip)

In any case, I know you mean well, but DO NOT attach executables to posts
to this mailing list, ever!  If you want to alert people, and tell them
about such a fix tool, please point them to a reliable source on the Web
where they can download it.
People should NEVER trust such tools that come in by email.

  - Michael

At 09:53 7-9-2001, Ronald Landheer wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>If you've opened the attachment that came with the mail below, you've been
>infected with the SIRCAM trojan horse.
>I have attached a fix tool from Trend Micro (propriety software - sorry
>folks but I think this kinda supersedes personal objections to such) to fix it.
>
>Please keep it around in case you get the mail below again (might be in
>Spanish), and reply with sending this file - I've received this trojan at
>least ten times already.
>
>Greetz!
>
>Ronald Landheer
>Real Life Systems <http://www.rlsystems.net>

     I always wondered about the meaning of life.   So I looked it
     up in the dictionary under "L" and there it was - the meaning
     of life.  It was not what I expected.                  - Dogbert