Re: How would I uninstall Cygwin?

On Thursday 30 Aug 01, Gerrit P. Haase writes:
> Jeff Conrad schrieb am 2001-08-30, 14:24:
>
> >I am just wondering on how to uninstall Cygwin?  I don't see
> >it in the add/remove programs dialog box, and I don't see an
> >uninstaller in the start menu.

If you mean *completely* uninstall Cygwin, there is a FAQ entry "How
do I uninstall Cygwin?" which should answer your question.  If it
doesn't, let us know.  (The list, not me personally.)

> You use the same setup.exe as for installing it, if you
> don't see nothing in the setup window, there is a button 'Full/Part'.
> If you hit it all packages that are installed will be displayed.
> Now you may select to reinstall, uninstall, downgrade for every
> single package.

I will update the FAQ entry to describe this, too.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Cheers,
David
(Cygwin FAQ maintainer)